I describe the idea-making-paperwork (ideation process) necessary to begin actual work on the first batch of artworks in the LGBT Pictionary.
By May, 2012 I had begun to collect text and images that I thought might be appropriate to words on my list. I made a new list of images I would need to photograph for use in the first set of five artworks for the Pictionary.
Finally, in July, 2013 I began work on the first four, 8 x 8 inch squares that would become “Gay,” “Sapphic,” “Pink Triangle,” and “Vivacious.” Gay and Vivacious were the second and first artworks in the series to be completed on August 1st, and 8th respectively.
I will talk more about the techniques I used in making of these artworks in a future entry.